Please click here
*NEW* - See the application reviewed on SoftPedia. Click here
Scroll down for lots of screen shots.
v2.70 - Updated foreground (edges) and background (text boxes) colors for Mini window
v2.69 - Adding background color in Bible Zoom as well as edge color.
v2.68 - Added two Christmas Stories, one text and one a comic PDF for children.
v2.67 - Changed web link "Ready Bible Study" to point to the new blog site.
v2.66 - Due to original blog website being down, changes were made to the auto updater :-(
v2.65 - Updated F9 key Jump to Verse to accept periods or colons, resized the window.
v2.64 - Added optional Sleep Always in setup. Useful if your are listening before bedtime.
v2.63 - Bible Zoom now allows full screen sizing, fixed issue with NT Reading window displaying when F10 Zoom was pressed.
v2.62 - Fixed issue with Popups when displayed from the Tray Menu with their Intervals set to Zero. Also commented out the Hotkeys for displaying the four types of Popups.
v2.61 - All Popups: Verses, Trivia, Science and Quotes can be set for Audio playback in the Configuration window by clicking on their associated checkbox.
v2.52 - Added PDFs to drop-down in the Lists tab in the Zoom window. Added the 4 Popup lists to the Extras drop-down in the Mini window. Now, all resources are available from either the Mini or the Zoom except "How to Pray" and "Master Christian Outlines" which are only in the Zoom window.
v2.51 - Added option to temporarily pause all Popups in the Tray Menu
v2.50 - More updates to Bible Prophecy Calculator. Prophecy information is also available on the Lists tab in the Bible Zoom window. Some tweaks to Version checker.
v2.49 - Added information in prophecies that Jesus fulfilled. Messianic Prophecies. Removed Visual Guide which is now downloaded when first accessed.
v2.48 - Added information on Biblical Numerics or different types of repeating number patterns, first discovered by Ivan Panin.
v2.47 - Added a Bible Prophecy calculator window so people can see the odds of just 8 prophecies being fulfilled in Jesus Christ. More background colors for RSS News.
Contains current version number. Used by Update Bible application.
Small EXE, just the program. (Only used for the Bible Updater.)
Separate updater application which is also included in the other downloads.
v2.45 - Popup Verses, Quotes, Science Facts and Trivia are now limited to one each onscreen at a time. Enter a 0 interval to not display a popup. Enter 0 for display timer if you desire popups to remain until you click on them.
- Various minor updates and added two more Popup lists, Bible Trivia (Teal) and Bible Science (Green).
- The Famous/Inspirational Quotes now number 1,700 up from 200.
- All four lists can be read from the new Lists tab in Bible Zoom or one or more of them can be displayed as Popups based on intervals chosen in Setup configuration.
- Setup can be accessed both the Mini and Zoom windows now.
v2.441- Fixed some timing issues with new popups
v2.44 - Updated Setup (Configuration) Window. Also added Bible Trivia popup.
v2.43 - Greatly expanded Famous Quotes, added a Lists tab to Bible Zoom and an additional Popup List, Science facts
v2.42 - Holding shift and clicking a Popular Verse will go to it in the Bible Browser
v2.41 - Minor change to web updater, some Tray Menu changes - added Sleep Afterwards for Audio options
Release v2.40 (04/23/16)
v2.40 - Bible word find options now are: 1) Exact phrase entered, 2) Whole words in any order and 3) partial words in same order
v2.39 - Tweaked filtering of verses references during Devotional playback. Also filtered out some HTML code from the RSS item titles
v2.38 - Removed Random numbers to display popup Verses and Quotes, now they go from first to last then repeat. Added RegEx find to search on separate words within verses.
v2.37 - Added number of RSS feed items to show for each website in Setup. Also displays one Quote on startup.
- v2.36 - Added RSS News Reader, user can add feeds to monitor and they are displayed in the upper right corner, refresh by user set interval.
- v2.35 - Fixed use of Right button, only on Bible edit controls does it display Search menu, everywhere else displays normal menus.
- v2.34 - Reorganized the Tray menu, in Companion Mode there are many additions to this menu (see program quick help). Click the Tray icon once to enter this mode. Mouse over the icon to display Mini, Zoom or Companion Mode. [PDF Visual Guide will be updated soon.]
- v2.33 - Did a few tweaks, added more Tool Tips, Tray icon shows Mini, Zoom or Companion Mode.
- v2.32 - Added Famous Christian Quotes popup at startup, on demand and at intervals
- v2.31 - Added Popular Verse popup at startup,on demand and at intervals. Start program minimized option.
- v2.30 - Full Text searching now works with word, phrase or Book Chapter:Verse. Added "Start Program Minimized" to Setup if users want to hide the program initially and just use the Right-click Tray menu. Added Audio playback of Morning / Evening Daily Readings.
- Added a Status bar to the Bible Zoom window, long overdue
- Incremental Dictionary/Topic searches display latest selection until you close them.
- Audio added to the new windows for Full Text searches.
- Added many Help Tips for buttons and drop down lists.
- Program now checks once per day for any update and will automatically download and install it using the additional UpdateBible app.
*NEW* Right-click Search menu
Fixed some issues with Audio on new screens, right-clicking outside the Main window. Added clicking on Tray Icon to show/hide the program. Program checks for new updates on Wednesday and Saturday or users can press Alt-1 to check. Removed Holy-Bible icon file as it was required when the program was first run.
Users are now able to search not only Dictionary, Topical, Commentary entry titles but also search for word(s) anywhere inside an entry. Users can access Topical entries from the Main window now also. Still more work to do. Please provide your comments.
v2.19 - Cosmetic changes, hotkeys updates, Auto check for new version on startup. v2.18 - Main Window can search Dictionary or Topical entry names with Alt-D and Alt-T keys. v2.17 - **New** right-click Menu for Full text search windows with entries for the user to pick from. v2.16 - added Right-Click full text search: Dictionary, Commentary and Topical text for select word(s)
- fixed Gray's commentary formatting issue
- Swapped out New King James due to copyright. Added the 1999 American King James (updates more difficult words) and KJ2000 bible texts.
- Updated saving and restarting the Audio Queue upon program exit.
TO INSTALL: Just download the exe file to any folder and run it. Or download the zip file, right-click on it and extract the exe file to a folder then run it.
This version adds some more resources, more help and several tweaks to the program. Two more tabs have been added to the Bible Browser Zoom window. The Master Study Outlines are a series of outlines for beginning Christians and can be used to refresh oneself to the major parts of Theology. The book How to Pray has also been added. It is a small book that serves as a great introduction to the practice of prayer. Cosmetic changes are many. Help is available in the Zoom window by pressing ? or clicking on Help in the upper right corner. As always, the last items searched on, topics or dictionary entries clicked on, etc. are saved so whenever you restart the program, you are back where you left off.
When using Dictionaries, Outlines or How to Pray, you may click on Expand Verses to replace verse references with the Bible text. This makes it a whole lot easier to read or listen.
Enjoy and share with your friends. Don't forget that you can also listen to any text. Please feel free to leave comments, suggestions and notes on any issues you find.
Requirements: Computers running Windows XP or higher OS. Users of older Netbooks or VGA monitors may need to press Alt-H while in the Zoom window. This hides the Title bar so the bottom buttons are more visible.
v2.08 - Change Alt-S to search anywhere in a word instead of starting from the left
v2.07 - Added Alt-S for Incremental Searching of Dictionaries and Topicals in Zoom window
v2.06 - Save last Dictionary and Topical items in Zoom window
v2.05 - Added Ctrl F1 to F6 to change Tabs in Zoom window
v2.04 - User can highlight partial text in Zoom for Audio playback with F6 key
v2.03 - Save Bible View on exit, go to Zoom if the program was exited from there, added DONE button in Zoom
v2.02 - Added Expand Verse buttons for Smith's and Fausset's Dictionary entries
v2.01 - Added Thompson Chain References and Naves Topical Bible to Topics in Bible Zoom
What started as a simple group of cross referenced Bible verses has now grown into a general purpose Bible study application. About 100 hours later, version 2 allows users to play Audio from any window or searched text which is not found in other programs. Session History may be exported to other program for printing/saving. By pressing F10 users can use Bible Browser Zoom windows seen below. They represent a more traditional way of Bible study. From the smaller Main window or a Reading, Dictionary, Commentary or other displayed windows, simply press F6 to listen to Audio of those windows. Audio is great for early morning or late evening. I hope you enjoy the application and share with your friends. I will be updating the PDF Help file later this week. The Quick Help screen will give you plenty of details on using the program.
v2.00 - Official Release of Version 2
v1.99 - Updated internal Help windows.
v1.98 - Synchronized changing Bible version in Zoom with the Main window
v1.97 - Save unheard Audio Queue on exit, Resume on startup
v1.96 - Tidied up some text, removed blank lines
v1.95 - Added Torrey's Topical Bible to Bible Zoom window
Special feature is that all the verse references are automatically expanded
v1.94 - Updates to Tool Tips and Audio playback titles
v1.93 - Audio played in sections instead of queued which stopped after 15 minutes (Win 10)
v1.92 - Colors for Bible Zoom window
v1.91 - more tweaks to Page 3 and Audio
v1.90 - Added a little bit of color if users desire
v1.89 - Added Audio to Bible Zoom, tweaked playback
v1.88 - Added King James Word list to Bible Zoom, User can use F11,F12 to change Bibles in Zoom mode
v1.87 - Swapped out Bridgeway Dictionary for Fausset's Bible Dictionary, many more entries
v1.86 - Fixed memory issue when a large number of verses are found in a word search
v1.85 - Updates to Search, Devotional and Daily Readings windows
v1.84 - F-key and Hotstrings tweaking
v1.83 - Minor Devotional file update. Added Prev/Next Day buttons in Devotional and Daily Reading windows
v1.82 - Multiple Monitors fixes after adding Bible Browser Zoom
v1.81 - Double tap on Ctrl to Display Bible verse, Double tap on Alt to goto Bible verse
v1.80 - Added Bible Browser Zoomed window for a more traditional way to study
- Added Reading Status and Session History (Your reading history may be easily copied to other programs or shared with others.)
- More work with setting default Audio Voice, Titles saved in Audio Queue
- Tweaked the usage of Audio, flashing the window when paused
- Display Change Log once after each new version and automatically update resources
- Added Status Bar and moved some items to it, Audio status, current Bible, Session time, version info
- Audio buttons reflect playing, paused or stopped
- User can choose from any TTS Voice installed on their computer from the Setup window, fixed issue with Queuing up Audio
- added New Testament 90 Day and Psalms/Proverbs 31 Day Reading Plans.
- added Refresh button on Setup as another way to update resources.
- fixed issue with KJV Bible Psalms 21 (use Refresh to update yours).
- added Book/Chapter dividers for Reading Plan audio playback, so if you are listening to chapters from multiple books you will know when they change.
- fixed some errors related to Tool Tips
- Added popup Tool Tips to many buttons and parts of the user interface to make it easier to learn the application.Update: version 1.56 - numerous additions
- Added Gray's Commentary, Smith's Dictionary, Bridgeway Dictionary and Commentary.
- Added Daily Light Devotional
- Saving last Book and Chapter read in the Bible Browser
- Both Dictionaries are searched, list displayed when partially matched
- Added keyboard commands for Page 3:
- F1 - Previous Book, F2 - Next Book
- F3 - Previous Chapter, F4 - Next Chapter
- c1, c2, c3 to display one of three commentaries
- r1, r2, r3 to display one of three reading plans
- d1, d2, d3, d4 to display one of four devotionals
- select a word from any window and press F5 to search the dictionaries.
- Audio reading of any window: F6 Start, F7 Pause/Resume, F8 Stop
- Press Shift followed by F1, F2, F3, F4 to select Pages 1 to 4.
Current screen shots are below:
I got a wild hair and decided to create an electronic version in order to make reading through the items much easier and doable.
Little did I know how many steps would be involved in the process:
- Design a multi-page main window. (Graphic User Interfaces are never fun to come up with.)
- Place specific groups of verses in drop down list boxes.
- Place other groups into a single item if much less text.
- Find, convert, cleanup and format multiple Bible texts as source material. (Ended up with 4 translations, 3 very modern to quiet those who think they can't handle the King James Authorized Version.) Had to write another script to do much of the conversion.
- Create functions to search for a verse, a range of verses or different verses within the same Book/Chapter. (functions are fun)
- Develop a mechanism to track which groups (headings) have been partially or completely read based on colors. (lots of variables to track what is read or clicked on so when users restart the program they are back where they left off.
- Added a Total Time clock and an Elapsed Time (for each session) in case users want to only read for a certain amount of time.
- Made various windows for displaying Verses, Books and other info.
- Creation of usable documentation for users (if a quick guide isn't enough then I have made it too hard.
For Page 1, whenever you read any item or part of any drop down list the heading will be displayed in RED color to denote you have started reading. When you reach the bottom of a drop down list, the group will be displayed as GREEN (good to go or finished with that group).
For Page 2, when you click any item it displays the verses and turns RED. To mark any item completely read hold down a Shift key then click on it to turn it GREEN.