Lots of changes in the newest update. The tray icon now has a shorter left click menu along with the full right click menu. See my other Blog page for info. You can also download from farther down this page, but, it is not updated as often.
v1.74 - 01/10/17 Add left click tray menu, shorter, more context sensitive than the right click menu.
v1.73 - 01/06/17 Added ability to click on Tray icon to Start, Stop or Switch Pomodoro timers, Pause/Resume Exercises, exit the program. Made the Stretching timers owned by the current exercise window so it only stays open for one exercise.
v1.72 - 01/02/17 Added Two Pomodoro Timers (25 min work/ 5 min break and 48 min work / 12 min break) in the Tray menu. Statuses of Dashboard totals and 1-Minute lists are saved during a Restart or Exit, if desired.
v1.71 - 12/29/16 Fixed app creating startup shortcuts if run from a Network share. Add timers for Stretching and 1 Minute exercises.
v1.70 - 12/27/16 Massive updates, especially to the new Exercise Dashboard through which all reminders are now controlled.
v1.42 - The Deep Breathing window was displayed when a computer comes out of sleep (fixed).
v1.41 - One change to program menu (Pause Exercises instead of Pause Display) and to the Deep Breathing window as it could interfere with the user's current program.
As a reminder, please leave comments and suggestions by clicking on the comment link above or scroll to the very bottom and enter one.
Added a Deep Breathing Exercise and some others in Setup:
1) If Breathing is checked in Setup then a 1 minute long breathing exercise is displayed every 30 to 60 minutes. If partially checked, the exercise is shortened to 40 seconds. This allows users to build up to deeper breathing from their diaphragm. You may use the arrow keys to move the window into any corner or press Enter to re-center it.
2) A few menu item names are shorter and some text was added to General Instructions.
3) Additional aerobic exercises have been added to the drop down lists.
4) An additional option, Circuit Workout, was added to the Circuit Training list which displays an instructional picture similar to the 7 Minute Workout.
ITEMS IN YELLOW BELOW ARE THE CHANGES AND ADDITIONS.
- Clicking on Get Exercise Reminder Web page takes you to this page.
- Clicking Online Video Workouts allows you to take part in a wide variety of instructor led workouts.
- Choosing Do Breathing Exercise displays a Deep Breathing window for 40 to 60 seconds.
- In the Setup window we have: 1) Check Breathing to display a periodic breathing exercise, 2) Additional Aerobics items are in the drop down list and 3) Circuit Workout has been added to circuit training - it is a bit easier than the 7 Minute Workout.
Easier Program Setup:
The following have been added to make it easier to change program settings:
1) Use the Quick Set drop down list to select all Stretching exercises and 2, 5 or 9 items to display.
2) Every item in the Setup window now displays Help Tips when the mouse is over it.
3) For Aerobic and Circuit Training exercises that you do in intervals, you can now click on @Work or @Home to display the Times Helper window. From it, you enter a start time for the first exercise, the ending time and how many minutes between times (interval) then the program will generate the times for you. It will leave any times you have already entered. Or just clear the times to start fresh. You may select Every day or any set of days for it to create times for you. If you enter the same Start and End times then click on several days, it will generate one entry for each of those days.
1) Changed 1-Minute Exercises into a list view so users can check off what they have done each day.
2) Added another list view for 1-Minute Isometric exercises.
3) 1-Minute Exercises list now resets automatically if the program is left on overnight or you click on the Reset button.
4) Minor item name changes in the Program Tray menu. (right-click to access)
1) If Get Up, Move Around is partially checked (small square), you will be reminded to move around for 1 to 2 minutes every half hour. If fully checked, then it behaves as mentioned below. Too much sitting was recently reported on in a variety of health articles.
2) You may Pause all popups during meetings or for when you will be away from the computer for a while. Just right-click on the program's Tray menu and select Pause. Select it again to activate popups again.
3) The program will check for updates once a day whenever it is launched.
4) A new aerobics entry called 1-Minute, when chosen, will display a series of exercises you are to perform, one per hour during the day. You will need to set the times for it like 0900,1000,1100,1300, etc. This is based on evidence that even moderate intensity exercise for a minute has great benefits. There are two new web links related to this addition.
v1.26 - Added Web Update to the program menu, check periodically for updates, uses UpdateExercises.exe for downloads.
v1.25 - When the computer is brought out of sleep or hibernate, the timers start over.
Made some tweaks to the setup. Added two more reminders: 1) Late Night - reminds users to get to bed after 11pm, 2) Get Up, Move - reminds users to walk for at least 10 minutes every 3 hours. This is based on recent research about how to counteract the damage done by sitting for hours at a time.
The program name is now Get Exercise although it can still be downloaded and run as Exercises.
This program is designed for workers who spend many hours at or near a computer whether it is at home or at work.
It periodically displays stretching exercises and can remind users to do Aerobic or Strength Training as well. All of the times, repeat interval, types and number of exercises are customizable by the user.
You can download either the ZIP file or the Executable, whichever works best with your computer antivirus software.